In these orchestra concerts, the music tells a tale and transports the students through music and narration. The concert includes instrument demonstrations by the orchestra, opportunities for students to participate by drawing the narrative pictures that are displayed during the concert, and allows one student from every class to sit on the stage during the performance. This year's concert will feature excerpts of Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition", Bernstein's "Symphony No. 2" and more!
STORYBOOK: Picture It!
(kindergarten - 2nd grade students)
This concert includes:
- Full symphonic orchestra including strings, brass, woodwinds, and percussion with instrument demonstrations
- Optional student artwork participation
- Opportunities for students to sit on stage during the performance
ATTENTION TEACHERS! We are looking to collaborate with you and your students for artwork to help tell the story of the music as the symphony plays the music. Some of the artwork will be chosen for a slideshow on stage, and all artwork will be displayed in the lobby for the audience to view at our 8PM concert. If you and your students choose to participate, you will be given a particular scene and asked to create art based around that event. Contact the ASO office for more details. We hope to collaborate with you on this wonderful opportunity to display your students' beautiful work!
Friday, May 1, 2020
Two concert times to choose from:
- 9:15 AM – 10:15 AM, Dawson Auditorium, Adrian College
- 10:45 AM – 11:45 AM, Dawson Auditorium, Adrian College